President Trish called the meeting to order. Dr. Sharpe led the club in the Pledge of Allegiance, Verna led us in ‘Old Cape Cod’, and Dr. Keefe gave the invocation
Today’s Guests: Nancy Phillips, Jayashree Paranjape from I Virtual Solutions and Shannon Dalton Giordano from Serendipity Social Media.
· March 10, 2016 is next open door.
· The Senior St. Pat’s Brunch will be Sunday, March 13 at the Community Senior Center. Ben G. volunteered to help coordinate with Judy D’Antonio.
· Marc S. announced that next Tuesday there will be a Tour meeting at 11;30 am.
· There will be a board meeting this Thursday at 5 at the Library.
· Club Assembly will be Tuesday March 1 and grants will be given out on March 8.
George introduced his guests – Jayashree Paranjape from I Virtual Solutions and Shannon Dalton Giordano from Serendipity Social Media.
Jay spoke first about brands, branding, and brand development. She explained it is very important to have visual impact and that certain colors evoke emotions. She described the value of marketing, specifically online marketing; which is like a digital business card. She introduced strategies for marketing – implementation, and a flow chart for marketing.
A good website must be visually compelling, informative, and represent your unique value.
Shannon told us that there are many social media networks, Facebook, Instagram, etc. She described strategies for using Facebook, and reviewed some Do’s and Don’ts. It is important to post regularly, be mindful of ‘tone,’ be positive, and to be careful sharing personal opinions.
Andy won the raffle, but there were no cards! Better luck next time, pal.
Fondly Submitted –
A. James Meyer